Tuesday, May 8, 2007

it is dangerous to be happy

I was on my blogwalk today at work when I came across an entry from Woulda Coulda Shoulda
that really spoke to me. The link is to the entire entry, but these are the words that stuck with me.
"...it is dangerous to be happy.
When you love people, when you allow them to become indispensable parts of your life, they will leave a hole behind if they leave you. And by 'Leave you' I don't just mean packing up and taking off, I mean anything that takes them out of your life, there are a million ways that can happen, and the end result is the same: Loss."

If there was one thing that I had the nerve to say, it would be this..."What do you really want your life to be about? What do you want it to say about you? Do you really want the sum of your life to be a college degree and a pile of bodies? Cuz, my friend, that is the direction in which you are heading."

No comments: